Supporting Minnesota Troops, National Guard the American Armed Forces War on Terror
Welcome to the Coon Lake Beach Armed Forces, Minnesota National Guard, Troop Support Website & Military Videos.
Coon Lake Beach has established a website list that shows the many ways individuals at home can actively support our men in women in uniform serving overseas. Read below to find out how you can help our brave men and women. The site also includes the largest collection of military videos publicly available.
“Don’t ever think that you are defending me by slamming the Global War on Terrorism or the U.S. goals in that war,” Jeffrey Toczylowski wrote. “As far as I am concerned, we can send guys like me to go after them or we can wait for them to come back to us again. I died doing something I believed in and have no regrets except that I couldn’t do more.”
Volunteer with Operation Minnesota Nice to help support deployed troops
Minnesota National GuardReserve units of the US Army
and Air Force called into service in times of emergency. Mission, programs,
unit locator, history, press releases.
The Minnesotans' Military MMAF
Appreciation Fund is a state wide fundraising initiative by the citizens of Minnesota and Minnesota Military personnel and their families. thankmntroops.org
Donate a calling card to help keep service members in touch with their families at Operation Uplink.
Send a greeting via e-mail through Operation Dear Abby.
Sign a virtual thank you card at the Defend America Web site.
Make a donation to one of the military relief societies:
Minnesota Military Family Foundation 620 Mendelssohn Avenue North
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Donate to Operation USO Care Package
Volunteer at a VA Hospital to honor veterans who bore the lamp of freedom in past conflicts.
Support Minnesota Troop families whose loved ones are being treated at military and VA hospitals through a donation to the Fisher House.
Reach out and Support our Minnesota Troop military families in your community, especially those with a loved one overseas.
The support and generosity of the American people has touched the lives of many service members, over 300,000 of whom are deployed overseas.
Minnesota Military Appreciation Fund
Are you wondering what do you send, who to send to, or how to send it, visit this site: www.anysoldier.com
Send DVDS, games, supplies and letters to deployed service members through: www.booksforsoldiers.com
Care Packages – Operation Minnesota Nice assembles care packages to send to deployed service members. Support our Minnesota Troops. Check out: www.operationminnesotanice.com
You can help American troops travel home to spend quality time with their loved ones by donating unused frequent flyer miles. For more information, please see: www.heromiles.org/index.html
Support our Minnesota Troops with t-shirts. Thank
you from Minnesota Logo. You can send your donation to: Support The Troops
1301 12th St. SE Willmar, MN 56201 ...
Power Line: Minnesota Girls Support Our Minnesota
Troops A group of young women from central Minnesota, some of them from St.
Cloud State, where the SCSU Scholars hold forth, ...
MN American Legion, Support Our Minnesota Troops The
American Legion, Department of Minnesota ... "Support Our Troops"
web page · Troop Support Mail Policy · Operation USO Care Package
America Reaches OutAmerica Support You - The official
Department of Defense web site encouraging ... Troops send a message to America
Messages From The Troops - Minnesota ...
Office of Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Lt.
Governor Carol ...Governor Tim Pawlenty today unveiled the new Support Our
Troops license plates ... “We want veterans and their families to retire
in Minnesota ...
Soldiers' Angels currently supports thousands of American
Service Members stationed wherever we raise our Country's Flag and the number
is growing daily. We also work tirelessly supporting our Wounded Soldiers,
with transitional backpacks, personal visits, phone calls, etc. Additionally,
we send our thanks via letters and email to the military of Great Britain,
Poland and Australia who serve by our soldiers side in Iraq.
Operation AC sends our US Troops mostly anything else they ask for or need. We have been at this since June 2003 and we have adapted to the needs of our troops. We send them items they are low on in supply and just are a help to them. Please adopt a soldier or marine serving and help us with our effort.
James Hook's song about American troops, soldiers doing their job with pride and honor. "Hanging Out With The Boys" goes beyond any war and recounts the love for their brothers in arms.
Visit our large collection of military videos.
troopssupport.com One of the best informational linked troop support web sites! The following links are mirrored from their index.
Wall Vietnam Memorial
- The Virtual Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial publishes photographs, poems, letters, and citations remembering those who died in the Vietnam War. StudentLawns.org
- In an effort to give back StudentLawns.Org requires it's members to provide free lawn maintenance to a senior citizen or United States military veteran. Student Lawns is an Austin, Texas based Lawn Service Company. We mow lawns and provide basic yard maintenance services at a reasonable rate.
- The Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund honors the bravery and dedication exhibited by Americans in our armed forces who have sacrificed life and limb by providing educational scholarships to their children.
- Operation First Response mission is to assist the wounded military and their families with personal and financial needs who are serving our country during Operation Iraqi Freedom and forward.
Armed Services YMCA
- The YMCA has provided educational, recreational, social and religious support to the military since 1861 and continues that effort with the Defense Department through the Armed Services YMCA headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
Operation Gratitude - OPGratitude.com
- OPERATION GRATITUDESM, together with the California Army National Guard, 746th QM BN, Van Nuys, seek to lift troops' morale, and bring a smile to their faces by sending Care Packages to service members overseas. OPERATION GRATITUDESM Care Packages contain food, toiletries, necessities, entertainment items and personal letters of appreciation, all wrapped with good wishes of love and support.
-The Foundation's communications network offers soldiers more than 8,000 miles away the opportunity to participate in milestone family events such as births, birthdays, weddings and school graduations. It will soon include installations at military hospitals here in the United States, to enable soldiers to interact with their newborn children and loved ones who have become ill with video conferencing. One project, "Bracelets Across America" are a vinyl wristband with a reusable metal snap.
Helping Our Heroes Foundation
- Our Mission provides funding, services, and volunteers to augment the support of our military injured in either Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) or Operation Iraqi Freedom, and runs parallel to the initiatives identified in the Disabled Soldiers Support System (DS3).
56th Brigade Phone Card Drive
- In January 2005, the Texas Army National Guard 56th Brigade Combat Team will be sent to Iraq in the largest overseas deployment of the Texas National Guard since World War II. In addition to thanking these men and women for their service by attending the deployment ceremony at 2 p.m. Jan. 1 in Floyd Casey Stadium, Baylor University and other Central Texas organizations are asking you to support our troops by helping them stay in touch with their families and loved ones while serving in Iraq. We intend to send every member of the Guard off to Iraq with a prepaid "phone card" in their pack.
- Simple to Use: Simply find a soldier, sailor, or marine you would like to send a letter or package to and copy his/her address, exactly as you see it, then send it off, it is that easy. The names on this list each support between 5-200 people, so send away.
-Wounded Warriors was started by the soldiers, sailors, airmen, civilians and Marines of the U.S. European Command to purchase quality-of-life items for those soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines wounded or injured in Iraq and Afghanistan and evacuated to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany.
- The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund helps Marines, sailors, and their families meet their financial needs during difficult times. The Fund works closely with the Marine Corps, the Navy, and hospitals nationwide to identify and assess the needs of specific families.
- Operation Uplink is a unique program that keeps military personnel and hospitalized veterans in touch with their families and loved ones by providing them with a free phone card. Using contributions from supporters like you, Operation Uplink purchases phone cards and distributes them to servicemen and women who are separated from those they care about.
- The great intangible of America's wars beyond logistics, beyond strategy, beyond wonder weapons and Generals, is the spiritual force of its fighting men and women - and that is the force that the USO so magnificently serves...
- We are mothers who have or have had children serving in the military . We are a non-profit 501(c)3 service organization supporting each other, our children and promoting patriotism .
- The Soldiers' Angels was started by a self-described "ordinary mother" of an ordinary young man turned hero, Corporal Brandon Varn. Brandon was deployed in Iraq and has since honorably completed his mission and has returned back to his proud and loving family.
- The Wounded Warrior Project was founded on the principle that veterans are our nation's greatest citizens. The Project seeks to assist those men and women of our armed forces who have been severely injured during the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other hot spots around the world.
- My Soldier is a program that puts politics aside and lets U.S. soldiers know that someone back home cares. Sgt. Juan Salas, who served for 14 months in Iraq, established the program with the help of his school, Manhattanville College, when he returned from the war.
- Operation Military Pride is a volunteer organization with a wide range of activities-all of which are to boost the morale of our troops deployed overseas. We not only send cards, letters and care packages ourselves, but also distribute troop names and addresses to patriots wanting to send cards, letters or care packages directly to troops. We are one of the very few groups that allow direct contact with a service member, eliminating the "middle man" and expenses.
Adopt Our Troops Campaign
- Register a military person for prayer or 'adopt' a member of the military service for prayer. Information, customized prayer certificate, and registration.
All For Our Military
- An email or pen pal project designed to send correspondence to troops who do not receive large amounts of mail. Information, commentary, and related links.
eMail Our Military
- Free service providing encouragement, motivation, and support to the United States military via email and postal mail.
Letters From Home
- Volunteer-based program that supports military personnel through letters and calling cards.
Military Support Group for Our Homefront Heroes
- Provides support for service men and women, and their families. Access for hard to find web sites with military support information. Based in Grand Junction, Colorado. Information, events, and links.
National Military Appreciation Month
- Celebrated in May due to VE Day, Military Spouse Day, Loyalty Day, Armed Forces Day/Week, National Day of Prayer, and Memorial Day. Origination and purpose are discussed, as well as events, media page, participation ideas, and military links.
- Information and registration for this national network of foster homes that will temporarily house, nurture, and care for the dogs, cats, and birds for deployed military personnel.
- How to send care packages, donate, and write and send letters to deployed soldiers.
Operation Hero Miles
- Program allowing donation of one's frequent flyer miles to troops to supplement the R&R program. How to donate, information for soldiers and FAQ.
- A non-profit, volunteer organization that collects gently used books and sends them to American troops deployed overseas.
- Based in Florida, requesting help by writing letters and collecting donations of items to send to troops on the frontlines. News, information, and drop-off locations.
Operation USO Care Package
- Encourages individuals and corporations to write a personal message and financially support care package to be delivered to service members. Information, USO locations, and listing of care package items.
Operation: We Love Our Troops
- Collects items to be distributed to deployed troops. News, events calendar, and photos.
Our Troops Need Your Help
- Encourages donating and sending hygiene products in care packages to military personnel. Suggestions given.
Retired Military Support Group
- Information for military retirees, widows and widowers of retirees, and their families. Also, history of group, pictures, meetings, and calendar of events.
Salute our Military
- Patriotic products, screensavers, and discussion board.
Sons And Daughters Of America
- A military relief group designed to send support packages and messages directly to the troops.
Humane Society: Tips for Military Personnel on Temporary Pet Care
- Press release with ideas, suggestions, and related information for those men or women facing deployment and in need of temporary care for their pets.
-Our mission is to support the men and women of the United States active military forces deployed to foreign shores through prayers, letters, and "wish list" packages on behalf of all Americans. Encourage their continued dedication to the protection of the United States and the endorsement of peace on earth around the world.
- Our mission is to raise funds for Injured Marines and their families. Our severely wounded Marines continue to fight battles here at home with their struggle to adjust to their injuries. Our mission is to provide financial support to injured Marines while they continue their long road to recovery and to continue to support the "Injured Marines Semper Fi Fund"
- Support America's Armed Forces' mission is to help improve the morale, and welfare of members of the armed forces of the United States of America wherever they may be and in whatever way possible, so that they can focus on the mission at hand and return safely to loved ones when their job is done.
- Our Military Kids, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, dedicated to funding essential extracurricular activities for school-aged children of deployed and severely injured Reserve and National Guard military personnel.
- Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4) organization. We are a grassroots coalition of Gold Star families, veterans, families with loved ones in harm's way, and Americans who share a deep appreciation for our men and women in uniform and support them in their efforts to make America safer by winning the War On Terror.
- Homes for Our Troops is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization strongly committed to helping those who have selflessly given to their country and have returned home with serious disabilities and injuries. We assist injured service men and women and their immediate families by raising donations of money, building materials and professional labor and coordinating the process of building a new home or adapting an existing home for handicapped accessibility.
- Military Families Voice of Victory was concieved by a family with three sons actively serving in the Marines and U.S. Army. We are still a very small group but hope to grow. It has become painfully obvious that only a small portion of the Military Community is currently heard by the Main Stream Media. It has also become painfully obvious that if we do not organize to speak out we will not be heard.
- Move America Forward will be conducting the "You Don't Speak for Me, Cindy" caravan beginning next week. It will feature military family members who have loved ones serving in the war against terrorism in Iraq or Afghanistan. The delegation will be led by Deborah Johns of Marine Moms. (Her son has served in Operation Iraqi Freedom).
- The Coalition to Salute America's Heroes is a non-partisan 501(c) (3) organization, created to provide an easy and meaningful way for individuals, corporations and others to help our severely wounded and disabled veterans and their families rebuild their lives. Donations are tax-deductible.
- Jeanette Cram loves to bake cookies for the military men and women serving our country. She and her mixer are tireless. And it's contagious. Her friends, often referred to as "Crumbs," help the Cookie Lady make the batter, pack the cookies, prepare the shipping and customs labels, and clean up her kitchen. She bakes chocolate chip cookies (replacing the chocolate chips with M&Ms in the summertime) and oatmeal raisin cookies, and fills in the packages with candies, toiletries and note cards. Treat The Troops is not a business, but is a volunteer effort to support our soldiers. Her reward is not only the good feeling she has inside her, but also the hundreds of thank-you letters that fill her five scrapbooks. Requests from soldiers receive highest priority.
- War has left many of our service Men & Women wounded! We collectively around this great Nation would like to let them know how much we appreciate their sacrifices. We will stitch our prayers & care into each pillow that will be created for each special honorable recipient. A Thank you note will be included so each brave, wounded G.I. will know how very much we care about each & everyone of them. These Pillows are compact but powerful.
- When you volunteer, Hugs4SmilesUSA assigns you a deployed hero's family and/or the hero. You then send the hero two care packages, Packaged Hugs, each month. If the soldier's family has also been adopted, they receive one package each month.
Our Troops Ilinois
- Illinois Branch of the national Organization - Operation Support Our Troops (OSOT). OSOT is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our troops serving in harms' way.
- This website is about our troops, for our troops! We are so indebted to the men and women serving in our Armed Forces for our safety and freedom that we dedicate this website to them! Thank you Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and Coast Guardsmen!!
- America's Heroes of Freedom is a Not-for-profit (501c3) Organization that honors, heals and educates those who acted heroically, patriotically, and unselfishly such as our armed forces, civil servants, EMS (Emergency Medical Services, e.g. Fire, Police, Rescue), physicians, nurses, and all volunteers who serve daily in the protection of our freedom.
- Military Ministry is a ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ International. Our Headquarters is located in Newport News, VA amid the largest concentration of military bases and headquarters in the United States.
- Proud Patriots is a group of private Americans who are working to ensure that our brave military heroes receive the support we believe they deserve. OPERATION VALENTINE coming soon.
- Our Mission is simple. Treats for Troops provides a safe, easy way to support American soldiers all over the world, every day of the year.
- Operation Iraqi Children is a grassroots program that aims to provide concerned Americans with the means to reach out to the Iraqi people and help support our soldiers' attempts to assist them.
- Cell Phones for Soldiers program was started by thirteen year old Brittany Bergquist and her twelve year old brother Robbie of Norwell MA. Jim Kelly, Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback of the Buffalo Bills is a proud sponsor of Cell Phones for Soldiers.
- To provide a strong, supportive environment in which the central focus is our pride in America's Uniformed Services Personnel Past, Present, and Future.
- In the pursuit of liberating these victims of oppression in Afghanistan and Iraq, the ultimate sacrifice is being made by hundreds of America's finest young military personnel. Many leave behind a spouse and small children. Unable to afford the life insurance that was offered to them, they must now survive on the insufficient standard military death benefit of $12,000. It is the goal of the Enduring Freedom KIA Fund to give financial aid to those needy and deserving families.
- Having lived through the Sixties and the Vietnam War I realized being silent was an excuse for fear. Fear that I was only one voice in a majority of protesters and would never be heard or could make a difference.
- This publications stands to provide veterans, and those soon-to-be veterans, with a wealth of information gathered from personal and professional experiences and valuable research. I can help you with anything from your career to using your VA home loan, and everything in between..
- The Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) began in 1980 as the Col. Arthur D. "Bull" Simons Scholarship Fund. The Bull Simons Fund was created after the Iranian hostage rescue attempt to provide college educations for then 17 children surviving the nine men killed or incapacitated at Desert One. It was named in honor of the legendary Army Green Beret, Bull Simons, who repeatedly risked his life on rescue missions.
- Message board for public messages of support. Also event calendar, picture gallery, polls, penpal information, contributed articles, stories, and quotes, and links.
- We are a 100% volunteer non profit organization. Through our site you can show your support by adopting a Marine/Soldier/Sailor/Airman (or platoon) or becoming a penpal. You may also make a donation to help with postage or you can sponsor a care package to one of our troops for just $25.00.
- The AdoptaPlatoon Soldier Support Effort founded in 1998 is a nonprofit 501C-3 organization managed nationwide by volunteer mothers to ensure that deployed United States Service members in all branches of the military are not forgotten...
Exchange Prepaid Calling Cards
- Anyone can buy prepaid calling cards though the PX/BX and they get mailed directly to soldiers.
- Everyone who watches Fox News knows Gen. Vallely - this fund was set up for his son Scott who was killed in Basic Airbourne Course training on April 20,2004 - They are sending Christmas gifts to our soldiers overseas and need donations asap.
- Tony Snow sponsors this and they are raising money for wounded soldiers.
- They do a lot so go to their site to read all they do!
- Ollie North Project.
- Send a care package to Any Soldier in Harm's Way.
- Scholorships for Military Dependents.
Video: Pickled Brain Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Muslim terrorist who couldn't fire his own gun.
Since the attacks on September 11, 2001, The Middle East Media Research Institute has monitored, translated, and recorded what was said in the Arab and Iranian press about that day. Prominent journalists, members of academia, leading religious figures, and even Arab government officials helped shape conspiracies.
The carefully documented collection is now available as a PDF and includes a compilation of articles and editorials from the mainstream Arabic and Persian language press, as well as transcripts from television programs.
A documentary film about the Arab and Iranian reaction to 9-11 incorporates footage from various TV and satellite stations in the Middle East. It was made with Interface Media Group and narrated by actor Ron Silver.
Bombshell: ABC independently confirms success of CIA “torture” tactics
What Benedict really said.
A Good Place to Stay: Hotel Chain Drops CNN
Video: “Popular Mechanics”& 9/11 myths,
1998 Bin Laden a missed target
Here’s the interview with Walid Shoebat, the former Muslim terrorist who is now speaking out for Jews and Americans. Great quotes - this guy is brilliant and says what no one has the guts to say
The Conspiracy Files - 911
Air National Guard
Lt. Col. Matt McCann,
Master Sgt. Tim McCann &
Senior Airman Jason McCann
Troop & Minnesota Soldier's Blogs
Running With The Bulls
Support My Red Bulls
The Simers Report Blog Machine City Brad Gerten's War Blog LMustang Rantsance Buckley Mustang Rants Desert Excursion: A 24/7 Soldier Medic The Sixty-Six
Ideas of items to send
Canned Fruit (Pop top lids)
Canned Meats (Pop top lids)
Canned Soup (Pop top lids)
Cereal - in small boxes
Cookies - Girls Scouts support us
Crackers - Plain with cheese or pb
Nuts (sunflower seeds, peanuts etc)
Oatmeal - Instant packets
Protein Bars - ie Balance of Cliff
Ravioli - Pop top
Spam - Minnesota tradition
Tuna - Pouches or pop top
Chocolate (in the cooler months)
Fruit by the foot
Gum - packages only
- Nothing Carbonated
Kool Aid Bursts
Shelf Stable Milk-Parmalat
Sweetened powder drink mixes
Tea Bags or mixes
Keep in mind, if you think it could burst, pack it in a ziplock!!
Cold Water Wash-Woolite
Feminine products-we have a few women
Knee highs-keep mites out of boots
Shoe insole cushions
Toilet paper including travel size
Tylenol individual packets or travel sizes
Bugspray(deet lotions or wipes)
Board and Travel Games
Cd Fanny packs
Crossword Puzzle Books
Decks of playing cards
Flashlights(mini mag, extra bulbs)
Greeting card assortment
Pens/Pencils & Paper
Pre-Paid Phone Cards
Supporting Our Minnesota Troops
Wake the Night Coalition Tribute
Hero - Released 1/17/04
Iraq Election - Released 7/3/06
WWE Comes Back From Iraq (VIDEO)
We. Love. Our. Country. (VIDEO)
Sgt. Michael Sarro, Marines Will Always Go Back In
US Marines battle insurgents fighting from Baghdad University in Baghdad, Iraq.
dealer 1-506th infantry calls air support to lay down insurgent sniper position
Coalition Forces conducting an air strike on al-Qaeda terrorist cells and vehicles with anti-aircraft
The US Navy clashes with the Iranian Navy during this 1988 battle in the Persian Gulf.
US Marines and Iraqi National Guard defend an Iraqi Police station
US Marines of "1st Platoon" bravely fight insurgents in Iraq during OIF4
HA / CA Mission
Marines and Army show their true colors to Iraqi citizens in Ramadi
500 pounder on the needle of terror Next time, don't hide in a mosque.
The US 3/6 Marines battle it out with insurgents during Operation Steel Curtain in Iraq
British sailors withdraw confessions
U.S. Col. Say Sailors Officers Should be Court Martialed
Australia commits 300 troops to Afghanistan
Stryker Soldiers Return Fire at Buhriz Station, Iraq
Combat at Outpost Falcon, the Boys Let Loose with a Mark 19
Iraq Army Bootcamp
British 16 Air Assault Brigade
"Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against The West" - Abridged Version
From US Air, Somali Taxis to Target, Aunt Tilley Bout with Islamic Sharia in Minnesota
American Armed Forces Videos
Special Forces in Afghanistan Not in English.
One of the More Intense, Scary and Brave House Hunts on video for Holed up Muslim Terrorists in Iraq
Fighting for Our Heroes: Rebuilding Camp for Veterans
Minnesota Guardsmen honored for bravery in Iraq
Special Boat Team 22 'Hot Extraction' of SEALs (Training)
Crappy HP Printer Terminated. A USA Soldier Tell HP What He Thinks of their Service
"Fun City Baghdad" theme park Fun City to the east of Baghdad
US and British forces bomb the ever living crap out of Terry Taliban in Sangin, Afghanistan
Canadian Red Devils Shoot up the Talibunnies Panjawi Kandahar
Video: Jon Voight talks about the war on O’Reilly
Video: Rescue in Afghanistan. “Dustoff Three-Zero confirms 3 Heroes on board, 3 Heroes recovered…”
Up Close Vid: Apache's 30mm Cannon Takes Out Terrorists and their Truck
China arming terrorists
USMC Silent Drill Team
This appears to be at the Denver Nuggets basketball arena.... The crowd response is worth watching the full 5 minutes of Marine Corp Silent Drill.